Since 2013, Ancortek Inc has been developing low-power and compact software-defined radar (SDR) development kits in S-, C-, X-, and K-band operating at 2.25-2.60 GHz, 5.6-6.0 GHz, 9.6-10.0 GHz and 24-26 GHz. Our software-defined systems provide a reusable platform enabling customers to easily build software-defined radars for applications in industrial automation, healthcare monitoring, public safety, security, and academic research.
The software-defined architecture offers a great deal on system compactness and flexibility. Without modifying hardware, the software-defined system can be adopted in different scenarios and, thus, suitable for multipurpose applications. It can change its center frequency, bandwidth, operating modes, waveforms, bandwidths, as well as processing functions.
Our software-defined system provides a reusable platform utilizing a RF-module and FPGA processor module architecture to improve system performance and reduce the size of the hardware system.
Dr. Victor C. Chen, coined by many as the pioneer of micro-Doppler, is the founder of Ancortek. Dr. Chen is a Life Fellow of IEEE and a world-renowned leading expert on
- Micro motion study and micro-Doppler effect in radar.
- Time-frequency-based Image formation.
- Inverse synthetic aperture radar imaging.
After retiring from the Radar Division at the US Naval Research Laboratory, Dr. Chen led the Ancortek team to build highly-integrated and high-performance software-defined radar development kits. Researchers around the world are using the SDR development kit as the platform for various applications. Ancortek low-power and compact SDR kits have demonstrated to fill a market need globally.
In addition to the hundreds of research papers published throughout his career, Dr. Chen has earned his own rights as the author of five books that came to define and impact radar imaging and micro-Doppler signatures:
- Time-Frequency Transforms for Radar Imaging and Signal Analysis, by Artech House in 2002;
- The Micro-Doppler Effect in Radar, by Artech House in 2011;
- Inverse synthetic Radar Imaging – principles, algorithms and applications, by IET/SciTech in 2014;
- Radar Micro-Doppler Signatures – processing and applications, by IET in 2014;
- The Micro-Doppler Effect in Radar (second edition), by Artech House in 2019.