Ancortek Software-Define Radar kits and embedded units offer customers the abilities to integrate various software-defined systems for range (distance) and velocity (Doppler frequency) measuring and tracking, sensing of movements and micro motions, as well as microwave imaging.
The advantages of the system include:
- Highly integrated with low power consumption, compact size, and light weight
- Operations in all weather and bad lighting conditions;
- Non-contact sensing
- Ground and wall penetrating capabilities
- Coherent sensing of multi-parameters (detection, distance, speed, angle)
- Generating multiple types of waveforms and performing functions of signal processing
- System firmware is changeable based on the scenario and environment (switching between different operation modes by selection of both transmitted waveforms and received signal processing function)
Software-defined systems, such as software-defined radio, communication systems, and radar systems, utilize software protocols to substitute hardware components, minimize the use of dedicated hardware, and implement/manage the transmitting and receiving functionality.
The software-defined architecture offers a great deal on system compactness and flexibility. Without modifying hardware, the software-defined system can be adopted in different scenarios and, thus, suitable for multipurpose applications. It can change its operating modes, waveforms, bandwidths, as well as processing functions.
Our software-defined system provides a reusable platform utilizing an RF-module and FPGA processor module architecture to improve system performance and reduce the size of hardware system.
Software-defined system relies on software processor. Thus, the computing power is the core of the system. The FPGA and/or DSP must be used in the system and the interfaces between the digital processor module and analog signal module become critical.
Benefits of systems built with Ancortek SDR-RF Modules and SDR Processor Modules include:
- Tunable RF front-end
- Expandable waveform bandwidth
- Real-time processing with FPGA/DSP
- Potential for information driven to control the selection of the operating mode
- The programmability and re-configurability make the system easier to change and to select its operating mode
Possible applications of the ANCORTEK SDR Evaluation units include:
1. Industry Automation:
- Object tracking
- Obstacle detection
- Non-contact industrial measurements and in harsh environments
- High-resolution level gauge
- 3D level gauge
- Flow metering
2. Medical Monitoring And Diagnosis:
- Remote bio-signal detection for health care (heart rate, breath rate)
- Elderly/infant assistance and monitoring for fall detection, or sudden infant death syndrome
- Sleep monitoring
- Pulse monitoring
- Heartbeat & respiration monitoring/diagnosis
- 3D microwave imaging
- Breast cancer diagnosis
3. Safety And Security:
- Environmental monitoring (sensing)
- Monitoring of the safety of transportation systems in automotive, railway, and ships.
- Distributed surveillance systems in airports, banks, or schools
- Motion detection
- Through wall penetrating vision
- Ground penetrating vision for detecting pipes or electric lines
- Civil Protection: Detection of buried people in earthquakes, under snow, or other natural disasters
- Body scanner for security
- Stud/wire detection