Dr. Victor C. Chen, coined by many as the Father of Micro-Doppler, is the founder at Ancortek. Dr. Chen is a Life Fellow of IEEE and a world renowned leading expert on.
- Radar Micro-Doppler Signature Analysis.
- Time-Frequency-Based Radar Image Formation.
- Inverse Synthetic Aperture Radar Imaging.
After retiring from the Radar Division at the US Naval Research Laboratory, Dr. Chen led the Ancortek team to develop a highly-integrated and high performance software-defined radar with coherent radar imaging and signal processingthat researchers around the world are using as the platform for various applications. Ancortek’s low-power, light-weight and compact SDR KITS have demonstrated to fill a market need globally.
In addition to the hundreds of research papers published throughout his career, Dr. Chen has earned his own rights as the author of four books that came to define and impact Micro-Doppler:
- Time-Frequency Transforms for Radar Imaging and Signal Analysis, by Artech House in 2002;
- The Micro-Doppler Effect in Radar, by Artech House in 2011;
- Inverse synthetic Radar Imaging – principles, algorithms and applications, by IET/SciTech in 2014;
- Radar Micro-Doppler Signatures – processing and applications, by IET in 2014.